- ... the sets of technologies to meet the challenge exist, and deploying them is a much lower cost option than the damages from climate change, estimates elsewhere that will ensue if the UK and other countries fail to rise to it.
- .. of the ways in which the Elastic Demand version of MARKEL (the model used) can meet policy objectives (e.g. carbon reduction constraints) is to reduce energy service demands through price elasticities of demand.
- Hydrogen and electric vehicles dominate the transport mix by 2050, this has resultant impacts on the power sector with vehicles being recharged during time of low demand
- For the targets to be met an economy wide carbon price would need to be gradually imposed, on top of all existing carbpon.enery taxes, reaching about the current level of fuel duty by 2050.
- All buildings, new and existing, will have to be much more energy efficient.
bury our heads in the sand or take action.
Post a Comment
I am happy to address most contributions if they are coherent. Comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will be posted.
Please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person.
The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.